Saturday, January 5, 2013

Valentines Wreath

wreath

I’m busy cleaning out my craft room closet and came across these really delightful and perfectly “Valentines-ish” fabrics that I just had to do something with.  So, first project is this wreath made out of wreath 2scraps.  I cut a pool noodle to 42” long first.  (You can get one at the Dollar Store for uh, one dollar!)  To form a circle form, I cut both ends of the noodle at a diagonal angle so that they fit together.  Then I connected them using plain old duct tape. 

The strips of fabric were cut at 1” x 16”.  Then I just tied them on around the form.  Easy!  Here’s the wreath on the front door.

There’s something about cleaning out stuff that seems to create even more “stuff” so I ended up with this pile of scraps.  I decided to use the leftover strips to make fabric rag balls for my coffee table to add a little Valentines Day inspired decoration.  I didn’t have any styrofoam balls so I just made balls out of grocery store shopping bags and more duct tape.  Whatcha think?  The black balls disappeared in the picture but they look really cute in my den!

Balls

DON’T FORGET!….

I am having a huge

BLOWOUT SALE

over at

PersonalizedSouth.com

I PROMISE that you will NOT

want to miss it!

No comments: