Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years Projects

I thought you all might like to see some of my latest projects that have littered my craft room (garage, closets and den also!)

doll bed

Pictured here is a doll bed I' built for my daughter’s American Girl dolls.  I used a pattern I found on Ana White’s website.  It’s hard to see in the picture but those are slats at the headboard and duplicate slats on the footboard.  I did change the plans slightly so that the bed would be long enough to allow the dolls a little headroom when they are lying down.  Here’s a picture of what Ana’s bed looks like so you can get an idea of what I mean by “slats.”farmhouse-bed-doll-diy-3

I matched the paint to Stampin’ Up’s Tempting Turquoise cardstock.  I painted the whole thing, sanded it to distress, and then glazed it with a brown tinted glaze.  The bedding was made using all Stampin’ Up fabrics.  I made my own mattress and pillows too.

My daughter loved it and now she’s thinking she wants her own bed to match!  Hope you like it too!

IN OTHER NEWS….

I am having a huge

BLOWOUT SALE

over at

PersonalizedSouth.com

I PROMISE that you will NOT

want to miss it!

No comments: