Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You’re in my Thoughts and in my Heart

As promised, here’s another card using the Button Buddies and Word Play stamp sets from the brand new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog. I love the flower in the Button Buddies set and thought it was fun to use as a background accent and also as the central point of the card. I used some of the brand new card stock in Wisteria Wonder for the card base. To create the raised border, I just scored on the opposite side. I thought this would give it a little more interest. I stamped the card base in Elegant Eggplant so it would show up nicely.I stamped the flower in Blushing Bride ink on to Blushing Bride card stock and cut it out using (drum roll please!) the Scallop Circle punch! THAT’S RIGHT! No tedious cutting! The Button Buddies stamp set was created to coordinate beautifully with the Designer buttons so I added a button detail to finish it off. I hope you like it!

Announcement! My very dear friend and super talented stamping friend, Stephanie, has agreed to help create samples and projects for this blog. I will be posting the pictures and information about how they were created so you can benefit from her talent too! I can’t wait for you to “meet” her!

Carla Brasher, Manager
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – “LIKE” The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!

No comments: