Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stampin Up Craft Show Item–Altered Binder Clips

These little binder clips were completely sold out at the craft fair!  They are the medium clips that are 1-1/4” are covered with designer paper.  I added some flowers for fun and think they make the cutest little favors.  I sold these for $1 each and displayed them as recipe/photo holders.  They are just darn cute for holding your papers together too! 

I thought they would be hard to see at the show so I just set them up on a corner and they were all gone the first day!  To make them, just cut a piece of DSP 1-1/4 x 2 and attach it to the binder clip using Sticky Strip.  Attach the flowers or other embellishment with a glue dot and that’s it!  It’s a great project to use up some of those scraps that are multiplying in your craft space!  Hope you like them.  I’ve posted pictures of the craft fair booth space over on the facebook page so be sure to check it out or get some ideas!  Have a great day!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!

1 comment:

Lynn Pack said...

Carla, I am also very impressed with your professional setup for the craft fair. I have found Stampin' Up!'s price for the black table cloths too expensive for even one. Not to put you on the spot (unfortunately I know I must be), but is there another way to come up with black table cloths? A store was going out of business in town and the displays, tablecloths used on displays, were discounted 70% and I got the last one. It is too long for my folding 6' table. I have thought about buying fabric and making my own. The only craft fair I do has a approx. 4' x 8' space. You have made me consider getting a larger space and using your crate method, but I am stuck again- table covers. If I buy 4-5 coverings from SU, it will be a big expense (although a one time expense). Anyway, any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is: packmtn@yahoo.com. Lynn Pack, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator