Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stampin Up Craft Fair Item–Mini Clipboards

These were most definitely a best-seller at the craft show last weekend.  Mini Clipboards are so fun and so easy to make and really show off the truly beautiful designer papers Stampin’ Up! carries.  I used retired papers (and still haven’t made a dent in the stash, I might add.)  These are made by covering a chipboard coaster with designer paper.  I think Tombow glue probably works the best for this.  Once dry, sand the edges.  I cut pieces of DSP to fit the medium size binder clips that I used for the “Clip” portion of the little clipboard.  I cut them 1-1/4” x 2” and attached them with Sticky Strip.  Add a piece of ribbon and a post-it note pad and you’re in business!

I sold these for $3.00 each and sold all but about five of them.  I made about FORTY-five so not too bad for a little bit of work.  I have no idea who originated this idea because I’ve seen it all over the internet so I’m sorry I can’t give credit to the genius behind the design!  They really are just so cute in person.  Tired of seeing all this craft fair stuff???  Just holler and I’ll switch back to cards for a while!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!

[image4.png]

Click HERE for Good Times Scrapbook Class InstructionsChristmas Cheer-001

Click HERE for Love Birds Scrapbook Class Instructions

14 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love seeing the craft fair items! Keep them coming!

Thanks,
Jenifer Phillips

Cherie said...

These are too cute! I love seeing what you are doing for craft fairs! Keep em coming!

Erin said...

Personally, I love seeing what you are doing for craft fairs!

I have a couple planned for this year already and I'm thinking about 'stealing' a couple of your ideas. Plus, I like to know how you are pricing your items. :)

Dawn said...

Keep the craft fair items coming - love them! TFS!

Rhonda said...

Keep sharing! Love it!!! These are so cute!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I'm really loving seeing the craft fair items! Great reminders of things I've been meaning to do and forget, and some fun new stuff. These are so cute and simple.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE seeing all this craft fair stuff Carla! I am a new Stampin' Up! Demo in Canada, and I am planning on a few craft fairs this summer and especially this coming winter/Christmas season! I am nervous and was wondering what things to make and expecially how to price things! So thank-you so much for sharing, keep it coming!! :)

Mary (aka Muffin's Mama) said...

I'm with everyone else -- keep the craft fair items coming! I love all your creative ideas. TFS!

Kelly Green said...

These are really great! Can you tell me where you get the chip board coasters?? I'm planning a few fairs coming up and would really love to make these... I just cant seem to find the coasters :)

Thanks!
Kelly

Trish said...

LOVE your craft fair items! I have a stash of these coasters and am going to use the mini clipboard idea as one of my "gift" items for my Christmas Class this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

lori said...

How did you attach the clip to the board. and I dont want to appear dumb but what is DSP.

Dawn said...

where do you get you coasters from and can i use chipboard and if i can how do i use it

Ellen Turner said...

May not get this email based on your older post..
I take it you do not glue the clip for obvious reasons..
Getting ready to do a craft show & had the coasters & lots of paper now just need to get the clips & put together, thanks for the idea....
Ellen T

Ellen Turner said...

May not see this post , your post are older.....really like your coasters covered with paper & using with post a note, have the supplies just need the clips....thanks for sharing
Ellen