Saturday, February 26, 2011

Craft Show Best-Seller Hershey Nugget Tins

Two days in to the Craft Show and Nugget Tins are one of the fastest selling items!  These are super fun to make and make the perfect gift.  I love to give these as hostess gifts, Easter Basket fillers/gifts, Teacher Gifts, Thank-yous…do I need to keep going? These sell for $7.00 and are filled with covered Hershey Nuggets.  I told several gals today that I love to make these tins because I EAT as many as I wrap and decorate! 

Here’s the down-low on how to do this easily…

Sticky Strip - by Stampin' Up!1.  Run a strip of Sticky Strip along the 12” edge of a piece of Designer Paper cut 3” x 12”.  (Sticky Strip is a two sided tape that is VERY strong.  It comes with one side covered with a protective film.)

2.   Before removing the protective film, cut strips that are 1” wide x 3” long.  The Sticky Strip should now be on the 1” side of the 1x3 piece.  “Clear as mud?”

3.  Wrap the strips around each Hershey nugget removing the protective film and sticking together.

Here’s some close-ups of just a few of the tins I took to the craft show…

The outside is decorated by wrapping a 10” long piece of paper or cardstock around the tin and adding ribbon, stamped pieces or additional embellishments.  Tell me what you think!  I took two dozen Nugget Tins with me to the craft show and am down to just a few left!

NOTE ADDED:  A common source to purchase the nugget tins is Specialty Bottle…  http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=410

I’m not supposed to advertise but I have received so many emails and questions already that I hope it helps!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!

9 comments:

Debbie Flattum said...

These look great! I like the idea of using them for hostess gifts. Thanks for sharing and good luck at the craft fair.

Maggi Minneman said...

Carla.......TOO CUTE !!! And I love the spring colors. Where did you get the nugget tins?

PaulaM said...

Carla - these are great. Where did you buy your tins? I like the idea of using them for so many different gifts. TFS

Kathy said...

Carla , These are really cute -I would have bought them to place as a surprise on a coworkers desk ! What stamp set are they stamped with? Do you do a make and take too ? or just sell items? What else did you sell Cards? , then do you have a raffle ?
TIA, Kathy

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very pretty for spring and summer... I love those nugget tins.. hide them (full of course) in a stamp drawer next to your chair for a good pick me up while you're stamping!! Yum,,, hope you did well at your craft show!

Laura said...

Fabulous, and thanks for the source!

LuvNlife said...

Thanks Carla! I bought 2 dozen of these to fix up to sell at a craft fair in April. I appreciate your step-by-step directions you provided.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Hey Carla..thought I'd leave another comment.. these are so CUTE for prizes at stamp classes! Think I will make one to give away!! That ought to get more stampers coming to classes if they know they can get a box of chocolate!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love these, and glad they're selling so well for you.