Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Valentines Day in Concord Crush

I hope you like today’s post – I had a heck of a time taking a picture of it!  I’ve been on a white craft ink “kick” lately and have had fun playing with it.  I should tell you, though, that it’s smeared literally everywhere!  Have to remember that it dries slowly and not to be so careless with it….I should have dried the ink with a heat gun after each step but I really have no patience.

This Valentines Day card is inspired by the Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper that I used in the card set I posted the the other day.  I did use a small piece of the Concord Crush DSP from that pack of paper for the center focus of the card. 

I have a terrible habit of just grabbing stamps and not considering that I’m pulling from three different sets which makes it kinda hard to case, I know!  Guess you’ll have to stock up too!  To make the cool frame for the sentiment, I played with my punches.  I decided finally on the Designer Label punch to create the cool sides on my frame.  I cut the card stock down to fit the opening on the punch so that it would fit nicely.  Now I still have the old style punch but this should still work with the new style punches.  This is the new style……

Designer Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!and the old style…..004

I just inserted the card stock into the top of the punch (be sure you get it into the tiny opening where the actual cut is made) and let the tail of the cardstock hang out…and squeeze!

005006008

 

 

 


And the bling???  It’s my favorite  Basic Rhinestones!  They are self-adhesive to just stick them right on the coordinating ribbon.  (I love me some bling!)003

(Stamps used:  Friends 24-7, Teeny Tiny Wishes and colors are
Basic Gray, Concord Crush, Blushing Bride)

 

 

 

 

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

*******Visit my Etsy Store HERE to see retired items for sale.

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!

Christmas Cheer-001

Click HERE for Love Birds Scrapbook kit
or Class Planner

[Lap of Luxury Set Opened[9].jpg]


Click HERE for the Lap of Luxury Card Class Planner

 

 

Shop Now and Earn Stampin Rewards!

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are so clever and think out of the box...I do like your new Valentine's card - especially the clever way you re-engineered the punch! TFS...