Thursday, January 13, 2011

Celebrations and Birthday Bliss

It has been a crazy week here in South Carolina with the snowstorms and the kids being home ALL WEEK!  My oldest son, Edward, returned to college on Sunday.  BOO HOO.  He’s a cadet at The Citadel in Charleston, SC, and I was so sad to not be with him on his birthday yesterday.  So bear with me while I brag on him and his handsome self.  He’s twenty years old now.  UGH!  I really have no idea where the time has gone. 

This is a picture of him (and me) in his really cool dress blues.  These aren’t the formals mind you…just the dressier parade uniform.  I love a man in uniform by the way!  If you think the blues are pretty, check out the Summer Whites….WHEW~pic

  or what they wear to school everyday!  Nothing like a Southern boy acting “nice.”  Anyway, I love him and am so proud of him.  Thanks for indulging me!  On to the birthday cards…. 

The first card and next three were all made using the Celebrations Designer Series Paper (117164, $9.95) , the Birthday Bliss stamp set (115442, $15.95), and the Celebrations Quick Accents die cut stickers pack (118708, $8.95).

All of the cards are made with Whisper White Card Stock bases and are standard size cards.  The first card pictured has a piece of designer paper and two of the border die cut stickers.  I added a length of Bashful Blue ribbon across the top.  The image was stamped in Pacific Point classic ink and punched out with the Tag punch.  I added a little detail of a scalloped edge to the back of it before layering it onto another punched tag.  The two Real Red buttons give it a little “punch.”

The next card has a strip of designer paper on the left with Basic Rhinestones on the top and bottom of it.  The sentiment was stamped in Jet Black Stazon ink.  The accent piece is designer paper cut with the Big Shot and the Two Tags die.  I added a button and a length of Bashful Blue 1/4” grosgrain ribbon.

Next up…(This feels kinda like a fashion show!)

A strip of Pacific Point card stock has one punched edge with the Scallop Edge punch.  It is layered with a piece of Real Red card stock and a piece of designer paper.  I added a bow of the white taffeta ribbon and a strip of the Basic Rhinestones.  The image was stamped twice, once in Pacific Point and once in Real Red.  I cut the words and frame out and layered them onto the Pacific Point image before layering the whole cut out image onto a Real Red punched wide oval.  And for the last card….

I folded a 4-1/4 x 11 piece of Whisper White cardstock to form a card and then cut one end off so that it is shorter and allows the die cut sticker borders to show.  The image was stamped in Jet Black Stazon ink and then colored in using Stampin Write markers.  It is layered onto a piece of Pacific Point card stock cut with the Big Shot and the Scallop Square Duo die.  The top of the card is a piece of designer paper layered onto Pacific Point.  I added a bow made of Satin Whisper White ribbon and a jumbo brad.

Okay, which one is your favorite???  Tell me what you think!

From now until next Friday, receive the Love Impressions Rub-Ons with any order placed online over $50. 

Click HERE to shop now.

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions. There are links on the facebook page that are not shared here so don’t miss out!Christmas Cheer-001


Click HERE for Love Birds Scrapbook kit
or Class Planner

 

 

[Lap of Luxury Set Opened[9].jpg]

 

Click HERE for the Lap of Luxury Class Planner

 

 

4x6 Calendar Case Kit

 

Click HERE for the 2011 Calendar Case and Mailer Kit

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hmmmmmm - hard choice but I think the last one is my favorite. I know what you mean about time passing by so quickly...our son is 34 now...wow!!! Thanks for sharing the pics of your truly handsome son and no apologies for wanting to brag - that is one of the best things about being parents...!

Creative Bitz said...

I love them all Carla but the last one is my favorite! Your son sure is a cutie! I have a 26 year old and a 21 year. Seems like yesterday they were babies.

Wendie said...

All your cards are great! Thanks for sharing your wsell-deserved pride in your son.

Anita said...

I love them all! I think the last one would be my favorite. Happy Birthday to your son and you should be a proud mom of such a great kid.

Lois said...

Carla they are all great but my favorite one is the last one. The other 3 will be great for a workshop. TFS.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great cards. I think I'll split from the pack, I think the next to last is my fav. Happy Birthday to your son, and tell him thank you from me for his future service to our country! My son just turned 25 (he aged 20 years, I aged 5 yrs, go figure). We can be so very proud of these great young men that serve!

Amy said...

Great Birthday card designs!