Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Digital Studio makes gift giving easy! Tags!

During Christmas, it is so important to remember ALL of the people who touch your life everyday.  My friend and I spent the afternoon putting together special treats and gifts for the teachers, neighbors, and others who we are thankful for. 

Today’s share is one of those projects!  It is a really fun snack called “White Trash” that everybody loves.  We packaged it all up in cellophane bags and put the whole thing in a really cute pottery inspired container. 

The tags were created using My Digital Studio, the awesome software by Stampin Up.  I used the download “Holly and Jolly” embellishments and the stamp brush set “A Holly Jolly Christmas” for the sentiment.  Then we cut out the print work using the Big Shot and the Two Tags Die. 

We tied a ribbon on and added a stamped circle and silver brad to the center for accent.  I personally think that you NEED something else added on when you use a printed tag of any kind. 

White Trash Recipe

Ingredients:
    
Box Rice Chex
     Box Corn Chex
     Bag Pretzels
     1/2 Jar of Peanuts
     Bag of Red and Green M&Ms
     4 bags of White Chocolate morsels

Directions:

Pour all of the ingredients except for the chocolate morsels into a large, clean and new trash bag.  Mix it all up thoroughly.  Melt the chocolate in the microwave two bags at a time and pour over the mixture in the bags, mixing thoroughly again.  Pour mixture onto a wax-sheet covered table and separate pieces.  Allow to dry.

Leave me a message and let me know what you think!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Visit my Etsy Store to see retired items and kits for sale.

See the NEWSLETTER for class schedules.

Become a fan of The Southern Stamper on FACEBOOK!

Be sure to check out the TWELVE WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS gift ideas with FREE tutorials!

HUGE DISCOUNTS ON TUTORIALS AND KITS, CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Fun tags....! We 'Yankees' make the Chex Mix which is similar but has no white chocolate or M&Ms (well some people add them - I do the regular kind)...but these can be a good additions along with raisins...healthier??!!! LOL... TFS!

StampingJoan said...

Carla!
Love Love Love these! I have had white trash before and it's yummy!

I made 4 batches of peanut brittle and need to make some tags. Was going to use MDS but curious of how you cut yours with the BS? How did you manage to print and then line them up, upside down no less so you could see where to cut????

Joan

Christie said...

How cute Carla!!! I wish I had your daughter in school - I'd LOVE to get gifts like this! :-)

Fran Kennedy said...

It is great...also with cashews and pretzels in it....yummy....Fran

Wendie said...

Great tags and I love the recipe for "White Trash"! What a hoot! I've heard of "Texas Trash", but White Trash takes it all!