Monday, November 15, 2010

Jolly Bingo Bits Craft Fair #1

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>As promised!  Today is the first day of a series of blog posts to show you all the stuff I’m making for the upcoming craft fairs.  Now you KNOW I’m just not so talented that I can think up all this stuff on my own so I’ll be posting the links to the sources I found the ideas and instructions from.

Magnetic Grocery List Notepads
design by Angie Kennedy Juda
Click HERE for link to her design and instructions

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

My notepads were actually only cut in half.  The staples on the 5x8 pads were in the way so mine are actually 2-1/2 x 8 when they were finished.  The “backing” was cut to 2-3/4 x 8-1/4.  For those of you who live close to me, I went to the Fedex Office place (used to be Kinkos) and they cut twelve pads for me for $3.00.  These little cuties are perfect for party favors, stocking stuffers, basket stuffers for Christmas gifts, etc.

I didn’t decide to sign up for any craft fairs until just a couple of weeks ago and the first show is THIS SATURDAY!  So I had to be a little creative with my ideas. 

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>I would LOVE to have all these individually designed projects but here’s what I did:

1.  I purchased the Jolly Bingo Bits and stamped like a crazy person.

2.  I got out my Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8” Circle Punch and 1” Circle Punch and punched like a crazy person.

3.  I layered the pieces together and you will see that they are appearing in MOST of the projects I will be offering at the Craft Fair.

I chose a couple of sets of Designer Paper (Jolly Holiday and Candy Cane Christmas) and coordinated all of the card stock, ribbons, etc. with them.  This made it easier to stamp IN MASS with matching inks. 

BONUS:  When I display the items, it reminds me of Swoozies because it ALL goes together and that makes this OCD chick happy!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Be sure to check out Angie’s link and let her know how you found her.  She is uber-talented and has a jillion creative but simple project ideas!

Want to purchase any of the items used to make these projects, then click below!

Shop Now and Earn Stampin Rewards!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Visit my Etsy Store to see retired items and kits for sale (also available in the left sidebar!)

See the NEWSLETTER for class schedules.

Be sure to check out the TWELVE WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS gift ideas with FREE tutorials!

6 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Super adorable!! GOOD LUCK at your craft fairs!!
Patty

Kendra said...

love these carla! what did you end up deciding to charge for these cuties?

Kendra said...

love these carla! what did you end up deciding to charge for these cuties?

Bwillow said...

HI, I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know what we charged for simular note pads that we sold at a bazaar a few weeks ago. We sold our blue note pads with a snow man face on the front for $2.50 each. We sold out of those but not the others,, we also had Merry Christmas on the fronts of others that didnt sell. It seems this year people bought all our snowman items!
Have fun with your fair.
Happy stamping,
Darleen Maahs

Tammi :) said...

What is swoozies?

Carla said...

an adorable store -- http://www.swoozies.com/