Monday, November 22, 2010

Craft Fair #5–More pictures and More fun!

Craft show 10

Here’s some more fun pictures of my craft show layout. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before but you can ALWAYS click on the pictures to zoom in and get up close enough to kiss your favorite projects!

craft show 11

Lots of emails have come in and you ALL want to know the same thing!

HOW MUCH TO PRICE IT?

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SELLER?

Well now that I’ve won a “major award” and have ONE craft show under my belt, I’ve decided to trade in my Demo Apron for an Expert Hat! Ha Ha! Really, to tell the truth, it seems that craft shows are a lot like yard sales, ebay auctions and other similar “venues.” You just plain don’t know! What sells at one might not sell at another. I think sometimes the environment affects what might sell. Like if it’s a Christmas show and everybody’s all hyped on Rudolph, your Snowman poop will probably sell better!

craft show 12

I tried to ask myself these questions when choosing items to make for the craft fair:

  • Would I want this?
  • Would I be willing to pay what it’s worth if the price reflected the labor that really went into it?
  • Would I want this? Hee hee….

Spend the time on the items that are just plain cute and simple and don’t COST so much. NOT the things you can get “one just like it” at the store down the street for a fraction of the cost!

Best thing about the craft fair?

craft show 13

GOT to be meeting the people! I am all about meeting somebody new and learning what makes them special.

This picture is of me and Rose, my new friend! ROSE is some kinda awesome. I learned that she used to raise Angora rabbits for their fur. She then SPUN (as in spinning wheel, Sleeping Beauty!) the fur into thread used to make hats and other items out of. She used to demonstrate this at artisan fairs and museums. Know how I learned about it? Just CHIT-Chatting and running my mouth! I wish I lived closer to Rose. I’m DYING to see that spinning wheel and get my own finger pricked! :)

craft show 14

OH, did I mention that I won a MAJOR AWARD for best in show in my category? And that it included PRIZE MONEY? I hate to brag but I was literally jumping up and down and hugging the director and the judge. Who woulda thought?

My stamping besties and friends deserve the credit. Because without them telling me that “it’s not crap” and “no, you have A LOT here” I just woulda quit! Call me Miss “N” for negativity. (Actually that’s what those same people who say they love me called me!) Thanks – you know who you are! Every one of you – I love you!

NOW, LET’S TAKE IT OUTDOORS NEXT SATURDAY!

Planning on Shag Dancing to the Coppertones and eating more funnel cakes at the Chitlin Strut in Salley, South Carolina.

BOY, I wish you girls from out west and up north
and down under could come with us!

Look like fun? Become a DEMONSTRATOR!

Same Kits, Half Price!

Click HERE for the post all about the amazing opportunity to start your own business, save money on your own projects and take advantage of this awesome deal!

Click on The Southern Stamper to become a fan on Facebook

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Visit my Etsy Store to see retired items and kits for sale (also available in the left sidebar!)

See the NEWSLETTER for class schedules.

Be sure to check out the TWELVE WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS gift ideas with FREE tutorials!

5 comments:

danvolks99 said...

Great stuff! You have done some amazing and creative projects. I can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations on winning at the fair...all your hard work paid off!

Amber Meadows said...

Carla - your work is darling! I'm getting ready to do a craft fair in a couple of weeks, so I really enjoyed seeing how you set yours up. LOVE your blog!!

Christie said...

I cannot wait to see you at the Craft Fair downtown!! Your display is amazing! You make me want to sell S. Up! again! :-)
Happy Thanksgiving!

sew4my3 said...

Hello,

You have some great ideas and your tips will help me as I venture to do my own craft booth at shows.

Also, I am a Brasher or actually my husband is a Brasher. His family mostly live in Paragould Arkansas and I was curious if you might be related. It's not too often that you run across that name.

Keep crafting,
J. Brasher

sew4my3 said...

Hello,

You have some great ideas and your tips will help me as I venture to do my own craft booth at shows.

Also, I am a Brasher or actually my husband is a Brasher. His family mostly live in Paragould Arkansas and I was curious if you might be related. It's not too often that you run across that name.

Keep crafting,
J. Brasher