Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day of Gratitude in Autumn Spice Continued

Hmmmm…where to begin? Today’s post is a continuation from yesterday featuring the beautiful “Autumn Spice” Designer Series Paper and the stamp set, “Day of Gratitude” from the currrent Holiday Mini Catalog. I made the card pictured above using this week’s sketch from the Clean & Simple Stamping Blog. I colored the stamp with markers and stamped the flowers before cutting them out. TIP: To make the end of the accent piece look like a “flag,” I inserted the end of the strip of card stock into my square punch.

I actually love this card. (Even if I DID make it!) I adhered a piece of Designer Paper to a blank piece of Very Vanilla card stock . I stamped the sentiment directly above it and then punched a circle out of the piece so that about 1/3 of it is covered in the paper and the rest is the greeting. This was matted on to card stock, of course, and a stamped image for depth. L-O-V-E

Next up is another card inspired by the Clean & Simple Stamping Blog. The large image was stamped on a square piece of card stock in tone on tone colors so that the image “fell off” the page. The cut out what’s left of the flower and adhere it to the bottom left. Clear as mud? TIP: To create the scalloped border, the designer paper is actually punched. I used a 3/4” circle punch! To do this, draw a line on the wrong side 3/8” from the edge. Punch half circles all the way down using the line as a
guide to keep it straight.

And the card parade continues….

This card is pretty straightforward, I think. The border in the middle is Espresso card stock punched on one side with the Scallop border punch. The greeting is matted on the back with an identical punch turned on its side. I stamped the leaves onto the card stock and then stamped them again without reinking the stamp. The second image is BEHIND the greeting. SEE IT? The first one I cut out and it is an accent piece to the right of the greeting. My favorite part? The little baby acorn…awwwww.

Last, but certainly not least….the final card is a “fun fold.” The card stock was cut 4-1/4 x 11 and then scored at 2” and 7-1/2.” To mat the stamped image on the Espresso card stock, I adhered it to a piece of card stock and then cut around it leaving a small border. To finish up, I added a jewel pearl to the center and adhered it to the top flap. The sentiment was stamped and then punched and matted to other punched pieces. I do love Stampin’ Up!’s punches if you haven’t noticed!

I think it’s always nice to add a little something to the inside of a card but especially when the card is made of a dark color like espresso. I just stamped the leaf image into the corner.

Hope you enjoyed the FALL PARADE~

Day of Gratitude Wood Mount Stamp Set $26.95 OR
Clear Mount Stamp Set $18.95

Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Papers $11.95

Love the paper? Love the stamps? Order both and receive a FREE scrapbook tutorial (pdf format) using the Paper and Stamps. Order online and send me an email….I will email you the tutorial immediately! Thanks!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To purchase the supplies used to make these projects, Click HERE

*******Visit my Etsy Store HERE to see retired items for sale.

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions.

*The Southern Stamper now has a MEET-UP Page. Click HERE to join and Meet Up with like-minded people.

No comments: