Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day of Gratitude in Autumn Spice

Today’s post is great fun for me! I played with ONE stamp set and ONE set of Designer Series Paper and just went crazy.

The picture above was made following the tutorial I posted here yesterday.

If you’ve made the candle gift box already, I would LOVE to see it! Send me a link or a picture and I’ll post them here!

The “Autumn Spice” designer paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog is just gorgeous. It is a textured heavy weight card stock and is two sided. Be on the lookout for the Autumn Spice Scrapbook class coming in October.

I’ve also created lots of cards using this same paper and it’s coordinating card stocks including Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Espresso and More Mustard. Lovely colors. Here’s a few and I’ll post some more for you tomorrow!

The cards were all stamped with the coordinating stamp set, “Day of Gratitude.” I played with it all afternoon and I STILL love it. Tell me what you think! The first card shows off some tone on tone stamping and pleated ribbon.

The next card is so simple. More tone on tone stamping and some paper piercing along the edge of the card. TIP: Use Stampin’ Up!’s mat pack and a paper piercer to create the look. Use the punch guide to keep a straight line. The Cajun Craze leaf was stamped and then cut out.

What do you think of this card? It has layered Designer Paper, a piece of Striped Ribbon and a Pearl Jewel accent. MY FAVORITE PIECE is the stamped image. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the rubber on the stamp first and then stamped it so that it has various colors. I think the image is SO SO PRETTY!

Stay tuned for more samples using the Autumn Spice paper and the Day of Gratitude stamp set. See ya’ then!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To purchase the supplies used to make these projects, Click HERE

*******Visit my Etsy Store HERE to see retired items for sale.

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule.

*The Southern Stamper has a Facebook Page – Become a fan of The Southern Stamper and receive notifications of classes, projects and promotions.

*The Southern Stamper now has a MEET-UP Page. Click HERE to join and Meet Up with like-minded people.


Photobucket



It's a Blog Party

Party Button
monogram
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love that Autumn Spice textured paper! Thanks again for sharing :)
Wilda

MaryJo said...

these are very pretty - i really like the colors in this dsp. thank you for sharing the tutorial for tha box too.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

loving the fall theme! The candles and packaging are too cute! I wish fall would hurry up and get here, I'm so ready for cooler weather!

BigSis LilSis said...

Hopping over from Mad Skills Monday! I love this! Would love it if you stopped by my blog and left me know what you think :)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Very cute! What great ideas!

Jill said...

Beautiful paper - and what a great gift set you've made!

Thanks for linking to A Round Tuit

Have a great week.

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kaysi said...

Adorable, love the colors!

Haupi said...

Just found your blog over on Jill's "A Round Tuit" linky and I'm so glad I did. I love your candle box and I see you even have a tutorial. Thank you. You do lovely work. I'm just now getting into crafting paper so I'm following your blog for sure.

Jenglamgirl said...

What a Fabulous Gift, very beautiful and Oh' So perfect for the season. Love it. Jen

JHill said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

madincrafts.blogspot.com

Amy C said...

I absolutely love the candles! The whole package is put together so well, and it just says 'fall' all over it! Very Cute! Thanks for sharing.
Amy @ The Happy Scraps

Ginger said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Erin said...

I am in love with these!! You are extremely talented!

I just bought my first stamp this weekend. It was awful...but I can see where it could be addicting. :)

Laura @ Just For Love said...

Oh my goodness, they're absolutely beautiful. I'm visiting from Tatertots and Jello. So glad I stopped by! Very nice to "meet" you. Have a wonderful weekend!
Lots of love,
Laura

Its A Blog Party said...

Very cute!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz

Ginger said...

You have been featured at SSB! Please check out your feature at the link below and feel free to snag my featured button for your blog!

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/09/mad-skills-monday-link-party-25.html

Please visit again soon! xoxo
Ginger
SSB

Curt in Carmel said...

Your work is simply stunning. I love the votive set holder and I really appreciate you posting your tutorial. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Best, Curt

Angela Timms said...

Thank you so much for this idea. I have used it for inspiration on my Fall card club Project. Come by and see!