Monday, August 16, 2010

Island Oasis Altered Mini Composition Book

Have I mentioned how much I love my middle daughter, Emily, lately? She is seventeen and a Senior in high school this year. Such a joy and gift and I love her to pieces. This little journal was just for her! (That’s what the “E” is for!)

I altered a mini composition book like the ones pictured here. They are Office Depot Mini Marble Composition Bookusually sold in packs of 4 at places like Office Depot or Staples. The one I covered is about 4-1/2” by 3-1/4” so it makes the cutest little journal!

I covered this one in some Designer Series Paper from the Summer Mini Occasions Catalog, “Island Oasis” using a glue stick. The binding is Rose Red card stock that I stamped with the flowers from the “Tropical Party” stamp set that I KEEP showing you on here! (Smile.) I then sponged all the edges and added another strip of Designer paper from the same pack to coordinate. I stamped the palm tree from the same stamp set onto the little piece of Whisper White that is matted with Pumpkin Pie card stock that has been punched with a scallop border. I stamped the tree image again onto a small scrap of Old Olive card stock, cut it out and layered onto the image to give it dimension.

Added a covered (with more designer paper from Island Oasis pack) chipboard letter “e” (for Emily) and a pretty button from the Designer Buttons package. The ribbon is retired but I think this little project turned out awfully cute. And it was done in like thirty minutes……Perfect for party favors, little appreciation gifts, etc.

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE


********Visit my Etsy Store HERE to see retired items for sale.

Click HERE for current NEWSLETTER to see the class schedule. Don’t miss Thursday’s “Fancy Folds” class and the “Friends Never Fade” class. See ya’ soon!

Click on catalog on left to download
your own pdf copy of it.
LAST DAY TO ORDER IS AUGUST 31!

3 comments:

Michelle Gray said...

So cute. I love covering these little boks and keep one at all times in my purse. Sometimes I get lucky and find them at the dollar store $1/4 books.

corinnesomerville said...

This is super cute !!!!

Bridget Martinelli said...

I love your book, great for writing about a special vacation, this paper is just too much fun..