Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sweet Pea Paper and Felt Flowers

I adore sewing on a card and think the new Sweet Pea Designer Paper and felt flowers really lend themselves to that look. This card is a 3x6 card and took all of like five minutes to make.

I trimmed a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock to fit just inside the Chocolate Chip card stock base. Then I simply cut a piece of the designer paper with the flowers already printed. Now here's what I LOVE about Stampin Up: the flowers on the paper are the same design and shape as the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt Flowers in the Mini Occasions Catalog! So all I had to do was GLUE IT ON! Even I can do that!

Now the stitching was fun -- if you don't have a sewing machine, you could always use a brown pen and draw the stitches! That's the fun of paper crafting. The sentiment is from the Trendy Trees stamp set and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. I used the Modern Label punch to cut it out and sponged the edges! That's it - -Now GO MAKE YOUR OWN! (And share it on The Southern Stamper Facebook page......BECOME A FAN NOW!)

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com

To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE
To See a current Schedule of Classes, Click HERE
Visit my Etsy Store HERE

No comments: