Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Playing with the Sweet Pea

I had some time to make some cards ahead for all sorts of occasions and used only a sheet from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack from the Mini Occasions Catalog. I LOVE the combination of So Saffron, Taken with Teal and Old Olive so I just kept going! And the mileage you get from that HUGE stack of paper.....sigh. I didn't even use one of the 12x12 sheets of paper!

The card at the top of the post was stamped with an image from the Love Bugs stamp set which is a Hostess Only set. I think it's a cutie for a baby card. That gorgeous ribbon is from the Mini Occasions Catalog and is the Old Olive satin ribbon.

The gift note to the left was stamped with an image from "Fox & Friends" from the Occasions Mini Catalog and then cut out and layered with punches of different sizes.

Now I have to tell you that the next card might be my favorite from the batch. The lion is also from the "Fox & Friends" stamp set and he's just a sweetie! I stamped him once in Chocolate Chip classic ink on the Very Vanilla card stock piece. Then I stamped him AGAIN in the same color on a piece of SO SAFFRON card stock. I cut out only the mane from the So Saffron piece.

To create the little fringed mane, I clipped along the edges and then frayed them. Then I glued it onto the main image. (Have to be careful NOT to glue down your fringes. The So Saffron and Chocolate Chip colors will both show and make it look like his little cute mane!

And lastly, this is a birthday card I made using the same papers and colors. I used the stamp sets, "Whimsical Words", "On a Pedestal" along with some colorful ribbon and a corduroy button to finish it off. Guess why it's last on the page? RIGHT. Because I don't like it. Now you know!

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW PROJECTS OF THE MONTH AND OTHER SPECIALS IN THE SIDEBAR!

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/
To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE

Jan/Feb Newsletter
To See a current Schedule of Classes,
Click HERE or on one of the Class Buttons listed below:

No comments: