Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Tea on Love

It is not very often that I like something I make once I've finished a project. But I ADORE these coasters. These will make you want to put that glass of sweet tea DOWN! I purchased this set of glass picture frame coasters and then stamped and decorated squares to insert into the frames. I am just beside myself loving how they turned out! This first picture is how they look all stacked up in the holder. SO SO pretty I think! I'm planning to get more of them and stamp more.

I used some new stamps and some old sets as well as other new goodies I can't wait to tell you about! All of the inserts are 3x3 Basic Black card stock with a 2x2 Whisper White card stock square matted on top. The first insert was stamped in Basic Gray with the flourish stamp from the Friends 24-7 set. I then inked the edges with the Basic gray ink to distress it a little. The "friends" image is from a new set in the Occasions Mini Catalog called Tiny Tags and is just the perfect font, don't you think? The butterflies were cut from Regal Rose and Taken with Teal card stock using the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. The "Bling" is Stampin Up too! (Oh my gosh, that makes me HAPPY!) It's from the Eggcelent Eggs Kit which is also in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. Be sure to double-click on the picture so you can see the detail!

The next coaster's insert was stamped in Basic Gray with an image from the Asian Artistry Hostess Set. First, though, I sponged a circle in the top left of the square to simulate a sun using Regal Rose classic ink. The word is from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set and the butterflies are more of the Embosslits.

The insert for this coaster was first stamped with the French Script background stamp. The heart was punched using the Heart to Heart punch and was then stamped with another image from the Tiny Tags set. All of the images were inked and then stamped off onto a scrap piece of paper before stamping onto the insert. This is what gives the pieces a faded and distressed image.

The last and final coaster insert was stamped with an image from the Baroque Motifs stamp set. It is still one of my favorite sets and images! The Regal Rose flowers were punched using the Trio Flower Punch and then the bling was adhered into the center of each flower. Finally, another image from the Tiny Tags set was stamped in the bottom right corner.

PLEASE tell me what you think of this project! And have a lovely and wonderful day.

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
http://www.thesouthernstamper.com/
To Shop online 24/7, Click HERE
To See a current Schedule of Classes, Click HERE







Photobucket

Craft Schooling Sun.Horiz200pix


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the coasters. I have seen these many times and wondered how to decorate them. You have done a magnificent job. Kris

Juliette Chapman said...

What a wonderful way to use these coasters rather than the normal photo option. Very creative. I know I will be CASEing this idea (going out tomorrow to get my stash!!!). Thanks for sharing!!!

Martha said...

I love these. What a great idea. I have never seen picture frame coasters. The search is on. TFS.

Martha Beck said...

I love this idea although I have never seen picture frame coasters. The search is on. TFS!

Pam said...

Awesome! You have every reason to be proud of these! Thanks for sharing!

Fran Kennedy said...

Gorgeous job...love them..thanks so much for sharing...

sherryd said...

I love these......would you share where you found the picture frame coasters?

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Carla, congratulations this project is gorgeous!sophisticade and classic. Excellent idea. I loved. I see this coaster in TJ max or marshalls and when I have time I will looking because I want to "copy" your idea. Thank you for sharing.
Martha Lucia

Jans Stamping Jems said...

Carla,
These are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm off to find some glass coasters. Great job.

Michelle L said...

These are just beautiful. Would make a great gift. I also would like to know where you found these. Thanks so much for sharing

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Carla,
How beautiful!
I just love it. I received picture frame coaster for Christmas, and was wondering what I could to do Jazz them up. Now I know.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Rhonda

ktstamps said...

these are beautiful. Where did you get the coasters...I want to case your project! Thank you for sharing.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Gorgeous coasters! I need to find some to make these with!

windchase said...

These are beautiful! What a great gift idea. Where did you buy your coasters?

Candy Rattray said...

Love your coasters! You did a fantastic job. I like how they are each different yet they work together. Pray tell, where do you find these coasters?

Heather said...

They look great, where did you find the coasters at?

Bridget said...

THESE LOOK GREAT... WHERE'D YOU FIND THE COASTERS AT... I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY AREA.. THEY ARE BEAUTIFULL, YOU COULD REALY PERSONALIZE THIS ONE FOR A SPECIAL GIFT, WEDDING, ECT..
http://www.bridgetluvs2create.blogspot.com
http://www.bridgetmartinelli.stampinup.net

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Oooh, these are seriously pretty! love the way the colors pop against the black/clear

Diann said...

these turned out so cute. Very nicely done!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Those are beautiful! Love the stamps and embellishments. Thanks for linking up!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Those are pretty!! I love your stamps!

Leanne said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. I love all the special little touches you added.

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

They turned out great!

Thanks for taking part in Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family! Don't forget to come back next week!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Those are adorable and are going on my favs list.

FYI-I have a fun give-a-way starting tonight at my blog

Cheri

Veronica said...

These are beautiful great tutorial.

creative jewish mom said...

Hi Carla, thanks so much linking up at "craft-schooling Sunday" great project and hope to see you again this week! And an extra big thanks for posting my button, love you!
all the best,
Sara