Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Cadet!

I'm so sad today as I post this because my son left yesterday to return back to the Citadel Military College where he is a first-year cadet. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time him for the last month that he was home and miss him to death when he's away. His 19th birthday is on Tuesday and it will be the first time ever that I wasn't with him. Even if I could go to Charleston, though, he wouldn't have permission to leave so I'll just have to live with it! We celebrated his birthday on Saturday night with his favorite food, Baby Back Ribs and all the fixings. The card pictured is the one I made for him and was cased from the Idea Book. I used the Loads of Love stamp set and changed the colors around. The circles in the background are actually punched out circles that I glued on so it would have a little interest but I'm not sure if you can see them in the picture.
Here's Edward and his dad as they were leaving Sunday. I made him put the hat on for the picture so don't tell anyone he had it on INSIDE! I couldn't talk him into zipping up the coat so .... I took what I could get! Happy Birthday to my oldest baby!

No comments: