Saturday, January 2, 2010

Random "Stuff" for you ...

moultrie 2

I've still been stamping and playing with some new stuff (and old stuff too!). Pictured above is a little note I made using one of the new stamps from the upcoming Mini Occasions Catalog available to order on Jan 5. The image is from the set, Fox and Friends. It "supposed" to be a fox but I cut his tail off so he'll look like my little dog, Moultrie. (He's named for the street that the Citadel Military College is on where my son attends.) See if you don't think that image looks like him! He's a teacup size Yorkshire Terrier about the size of a hamster!

And totally unrelated: a door hanging I made for my five-year-old daughter, Maci Ellen, using the now retired Rock a Bye Girl Simply Scrappin kit. So girly and cute, don't you think?

The hanging was made exactly like the NOEL hanging I did for Christmas. The squares and scalloped circles were cut using the Big Shot so assembly is just SO EASY! The ribbon used to hang it is one long piece sandwiched between scalloped squares all the way down. I used TomBow glue and believe me, it's not going anywhere!

Click on the picture to be able to see it larger and check out the details.

My middle daughter, Emily, who is sixteen, painted this GORGEOUS sign for my stamping room - - I LOVE IT! I think I'm going to use it on the upcoming Southern Stamper store for the title...

DSC03772

DSC03795

Last, and, crazy random is a large tin I use for my daughter's toys. I got it at Target and it was already pink so this project took all of about a minute and a half. I applied a vinyl Decor Element to the outside to "pep" it up a little and even though it's so easy and not exactly imaginative, I have to say that I LOVE IT! I guess not everything has to be complicated to be cute.

1 comment:

Carey Rogers said...

Your sweet dog does look like the Fox stamp without the tail. You are really clever to see this. I love all of your projects. I will be back to see more.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy