Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eyelet lace heart and Valentine wishes - SSC 134

Today's card made using the Saturday Sketch Challenge over on the Stamping 411 blog. Uh, yeah, I know it's Wednesday and not Saturday--it was a CHALLENGE! (Smiles) Check out the sketch and click on it to go to the blog and see other cards made using this same design.

I was really looking for a way to show off the pretty cool embellishment I made. The eyelet lace heart in the bottom right of the card? Oh, yeah - - it's made of PAPER! Other demonstrators have shared the technique they learned at a Stampin' Up event of making an eyelet lace flower using the Eyelet Border punch. I thought it would be fun to change it up a little and make a heart instead!

To make the eyelet lace embellishment:

  1. Punch a circle (or the heart in my case) the size that you would like. A 1-3/8" circle or the Heart punch work really well.
  2. Cut a strip of card stock to 1" x 12". Punch out the 12" side of the strip all the way down using the Eyelet Border punch. (I then trimmed 1/4" off the straight side of mine.)
  3. Run the eyelet border strip several times through the Crimper to soften it.
  4. Cover the punched circle or heart with Sticky Strip.
  5. Begin sticking the eyelet border strip along the edge of the punched shape pinching it to fit correctly and cutting notches if necessary. Work your way towards the center of the shape until its covered.
  6. Adhere a button or other embellishment to the center to disguise any ends or edges. I used a Pretty in Pink Corduroy button with a halfback pearl in the center of it.

Carla Brasher, Senior Supervisor
cjbrasher@aol.com
www.TheSouthernStamper.com

Jan/Feb Newsletter

To See a current Schedule of Classes,
Click HERE or on one of the Class Buttons listed below:


5 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous eyelet heart ~ great tutorial! Thanks so much for playing along.

Robin Merriman said...

Beautiful new way to show this techinque and great card too!
Thanks for taking the 411 challenge this week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

You did a great job with this technique and the sentiment just finishes it off.

Jamie Hurley said...

What a genius idea! I needed something WOW for an upcoming workshop and this may be it!

Carey said...

OK this is just absolutely darling and I love your tutorial. I was resisting getting this punch because I have the scallop border punch and now the new one in the Occasions (I'm too tired to run down to the stamp treehouse to find the actual name). Now I am going to HAVE to get it. Thanks a lot-- what I really mean is THANKS a lot for the wonderful idea.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy