Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sneak Peek of the new Occasions Mini Catalog

Thought you might like a little peek of what's coming in the Occasions Mini Catalog to be released January 5. Stampin' Up! is introducing some brand new products then including Clear-Mount Stamps, a new Punch Design and, shown here, Stitched Felt Embellishments. I've always been a fan of the stitched felt and crocheted embellishments so I was pretty excited about this particular one!

I made this card using the Vintage Vogue Stamp Set and the Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel. I made a hair barrette out using the Sweet Pea Stitched felt flower pieces and this card is a great way to give it as a special valentine gift. DSC03655 The barrette uses three separate parts of the Sweet Pea set and stitched them together using embroidery floss. The set comes with 8 three-petal flowers, 20 french knot circles, 16 leaves and 8 six-petal flowers for $7.95. You could make eight barrettes just like this one out of the set and still have leftover pieces. Uh, where can you find a whimsical and trendy hair barrette for a dollar? Stay tuned! I can't wait to show you what else is coming! Be sure to subscribe to regular updates to this blog by entering your email in the space provided in the right sidebar. You'll receive an email with the post in it.

I also made this little love note using the same set of felt flowers. Can't you just imagine a whole "pile" of these little valentines going to your honey and your own little sweet pea children or to the kids at school? I just love them! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

The colors coordinate with Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Chocolate chip and the design will go beautifully with the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack also COMING SOON!


2 comments:

Shelly Katzung said...

How absolutely adorable. And I love the barette idea attached to the card. Just awesome! I had to come here from the email to see a better view, because the photo in the email at stampinuplnstampers, was all distorted....and I KNEW i was going to fall in love with this one when I first saw it.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.