Friday, December 18, 2009

Lip Balm and Stampin' (A Yummy Combination!)

I know I'm always saying it but, REALLY, stampers ARE the nicest sort of people! Recently, I "met" another demo online, Ethleen, who is such a generous and sweet person! She sent me a couple of tins in a size I didn't have and sent me a little gift of a lip balm that she had made. She also gave me a website for a source to get all the supplies to make MY OWN! (OH MY GOSH!)

Now you would think that making your own beauty products would be really difficult but I had SO much fun making these. My daughter gave them to her friends for Christmas. The labels were stamped with one of the new stamps in the upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog. Then we packaged them up in two different ways. The first was to wrap it in cellophane and tie with some grosgrain ribbon. The tag was stamped with one of the images from the Hostess Set, Christmas Punch, which coordinates with the punch so it can be done very quickly! These pictures are terrible because I took them in my kitchen at night so I hate you can't see how really cute these little gifts turned out.

The others were packaged up FANCY! The treat bags from Wal-Mart have a container of Tic-Tacs, a container of our Peppermint Lip Balm and a special notepad. The notepad is so cute and so fun. I purchased notepads that were 4/$1.00 at the drugstore. They are all attached to each other but have their own cardboard backing. I took them apart, punched two holes in the top using the Crop-A-Dile, and tied a ribbon through the holes so that there's a bow at the top. I stamped the same "Merry" image on the bottom right. Finished off with a bow around the treat bag, these little goodies are so fun!

Here's where I ended up purchasing a complete do-it-yourself kit to make lip balms. http://www.pvsoap.com/kit_lipbalm.asp I made some in the little pots and some in the tubes. SO SO FUN!

6 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

ouh Carla
what a wonderful gift idea You will be the talk of the town
GREAT work on these unique gifts for your daughter's friends!
I just love giving this type of a gift!
Thank you for the website as well
have a super wonderful day!

Lisa Reber said...

I found you through LNS...love your Blog and thanks for sharing the link for the lip balm kit. Great site, reasonable prices, I will definitely give them a try. Thanks again for sharing!
Lisa

Maria said...

These are jut PERFECT & ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

so nice..................................................

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Expressly the title attracted me to review the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.