Monday, December 14, 2009

A Gift for Everyone on Your List

I know what you're thinking right now....same ole, same old. But that's because you don't know what's inside this cutey pie little tin! If my friend, Stephanie, were here, she would talking up a storm to these little guys! "What? You want to come home with me? Oh, I'd love for you too! Wouldn't you look so sweet on my refrigerator holding up my child's artwork? You sure do!" (Um, Yeah. Stephanie and her projects really do talk to each other. I have witnesses.)

Now I would love to brag and tell you how smart and creative I am and pretend that this whole thing was my idea but you know better! This is my take on on the projects Andrea Walford featured on her Twelve Weeks of Christmas emails. I don't think you can still access any of the individual projects but she has made a dvd available of all the projects, I think.

The tin above contains twelve glass magnets and is my Christmas version. The reason I made a slew of the them is because you don't have to be really smart to do them! Here's the secret:

Pick any pack of Designer Series Paper and punch a 1-3/8" circle out of EACH of the designs. DUH! There's no coordinating or thinking involved. And Stampin' Up has already told you what papers go with it so go wild! Make your own! Here's a ton more that I made this weekend for gifts. Some of them are retired paper. If you really like one, contact me and I'll put together a kit for you to be able to make it.

Petal

Pizzaz DSP


Night &

Day DSP


Tall Tales

DSP

Bella

Bleu DSP

Urban

Oasis DSP

Kaleido-

scope DSP

Hope you like my gifts for everyone on your list! Please leave me a comment. It's gets a little lonely in cyberspace, you know! I'll pretend you're here and you can pretend I made you a glass of sweet tea.

11 comments:

Adele said...

Totally gorgeous Carla!!! You've inspired me.

Gail S. said...

These are beautiful and each person you give them to will love them!

Tracy said...

I was inspired by Andrea as well. My glass discs were at my doorstep when I arrived home from work today. I love your take on her project. Each set is beautiful. Can't wait to give it a try! Did you use DVD tins?

Thanks for the inspiration!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love your ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 16. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Shelly Katzung said...

Every one of them is adorable...very cute! I love the designs you created for each one, nice choice of color combos.

Shell

Melanie Schulenberg said...

These are super cute.

Connie said...

Wonderful! I love all of them...

Pat Wilkinson said...

These are just adorable. Can you tell me where you got your glass for the magnet. All I have ever seen come in bags of all different sizes.
Thanks for Sharing.
Pat Wilkinson

Jenifer said...

Carla,
I love all of your magnet sets! You did a great job with all of the different papers.
Jenifer

Lianne Carper said...

Hi! These are just fabulous! Can you tell me where you go the glass pebbles that you used?

Thanks!
Lianne Carper
lianne at cardscraps dot com