Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trio of Last-Minute Gift Ideas from Holiday Lounge

I LOVE LOVE the Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper. It is so retro and so modern and I love the combination of Kraft and Taken with Teal on this particular sheet. I've made three items that you've seen everywhere, I know, but we all need a reminder when it gets close to the holidays, don't we? Keep it simple and Do what you know!


This set consists of two bookmarks, a gift card holder in the center and a cute little favor or treat on the right. Wouldn't they be cute bundled in a little basket even?

Easy Magnetized Bookmarks

Starting with the bookmarks, they are very simple and quick to make. I used the Two Tags die with my Big Shot. The trick here is to fold a piece in half and place the fold just inside the die blade before running it through the machine. That way when you pull it out, it is one piece as shown. I used my scallop circle Punch and three circle punches along with the Spotlight On Christmas Stamp Set to finish decorating it along with a small piece of the Designer paper. Attach a couple of magnets on the opposing ends so that when closed and holding your place in a book, it will not move. I've seen these same kind of bookmarks at Barnes and Noble and they are about $6-$8 so make it yourself and SAVE MONEY!

Gift Card Holder Card

The gift card holder is one of my favorite projects to do because it looks so "hard" but is quick and easy to make. Put an I-Tunes card in one for a teenager, a grocery gift card for the mailman, a Spa Gift Card for ME---Oops...just kidding. Directions for these all over the internet but my favorite has to be the video that Dawn at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts has done. Follow her directions and then decorate how you like! I decorated mine with the Designer Paper and the same Scallop Circle treatment as the bookmarks. Aren't they cute together?
On the inside I adhered a piece of Whisper White so I could write a note and attached a punched out star with a brad in the middle just for fun!
Favor or Treat Package
The Two Tags Die is s much fun and Stampin' Up! gave me this too-cute idea to put two of the larger tag together to make the favor. Once the card stock is run through the Big Shot with the Two Tags die, it is already cut out with the hole at the top, the slit underneath and the score lines to fold it. To make the favor, just glue the bottoms of two tags together as shown in the picture. Bring the tops together and tie! These favors would be so cute for your child's classmates, your co-workers, as favors at a party and on and on.
Have fun and don't forget the basics! Make up some of these to have on hand for the "unexpected!"


Mark your calendar NOW! The last class of the year will be Tuesday, December 8, at my house at 6:30. It's Technique Night and is free to anyone who has placed an order during the month of November. $5 fee or Free with minimum $25 order.

No comments: