Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Decorate for the Holidays!

Today's post is an adorable wall or door hanging that is so simple to make. I used the Big Shot and cut out eight Scalloped squares from card stock. I chose colors that coordinate with the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper so the design-work was simple.

I then cut out four scalloped circles using the Big Shot and the letters to spell out NOEL. To assemble the hanging, I adhered four different pieces of designer paper to the fronts of four of the squares. Then I adhered the scalloped circle and the letters along with some simple embellishments.

Using Tombow adhesive, I attached the ribbon to the back of each of the squares leaving a loop at the top. Then I adhered the rest of the scalloped squares to the backs. This hides the ribbon and protects it. It also gives the whole thing a little more stability. Lastly, I tied another length of ribbon to the bottom. I thought a jingle bell would have been cute too (if I could stand to hear it all day!)





Want to make your own Noel Wall Hanging?

Purchase the kit for $8.00 and I'll send you everything you need to assemble it yourself. You will receive the papers, die cuts and ribbon as well as the additional embellishments. Designer papers may be substituted but will be from the Merry Moments set and will stay true to the color designs shown. Instructions are included. Postage is included.

Supplies you will need: Adhesive, Scissors

$8.00 includes postage

Stampin' Up Huge Holiday Blowout Sale! Click HERE to learn More!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Carla! I just pulled old tom out of the oven and am waiting for him to cool a bit so I thought I would pop by a few of my favorite blogs. When I got to yours I laughed out loud!! Last night I was in a craft store and got a steal of a deal on large jingle bells. I bought them to make a wall hanging using the scallop square die cut. ha! great minds! I had in mind to put my squares on the diagonal so mine might be a smidge different. Wish I could make it today but I am prepping for a Stamp a stack I have this weekend. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!
Peggy
http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com