Friday, September 3, 2010

Flash Back Friday--Batty for You

Call it laziness. Call it sentimental. I don't know. For the next few weeks I will be posting some "OLD POSTS" that you've already seen right here from last year. Today's little trip down memory lane will show you some cute Halloween treats....ENJOY!


I am in love myself with the super cute stamp set, "Batty for You." So, I wanted to show you some really cute treat ideas. The picture above is a treat bag topped with a folded Top Note Die cut with covered peppermint patties inside. This was one of the projects we made at Kelli's workshop last month for her All Holiday's workshop. (She's a fabulous hostess with a gorgeous home and great personality!) The "sandwich" is made by covering both sides of the patties with a scalloped circle punched out. The green layer on top is the 1-3/8" circle and the stamped image was cut with the 1-1/4" circle punch. EASY and so cute. (Just a note: I used Tomboy glue to secure the scalloped circles to the patties instead of snail adhesive--it just seems to stay better.
Next up is this So So So Cute little Halloween pail with yummy candy corn & peanut mix treats inside! This is my new favorite candy and was shared with me by my downline and friend, Lisa Layton at our last get-together. She made the cutest bottle filled with the candy mix. It was an empty Starbucks bottle and was decorated with Halloween stamps---SO CUTE! This treat is awesome because it's so simple but tastes SO GOOD! It's peanuts and candy corn but when you eat them together, they taste like Reeses Cups! Go figure!

I found these little pails at Target for 2/$1.00 and had to have them! They came in black and orange and I wish now that I had bought them all! The band around the middle is black grosgrain ribbon attached with snail adhesive. It sticks really well to the metal. Too well, actually!
Rich Razzleberry layered with the Black and Only Orange stamped pumpkin makes a trendy Halloween look and the sentiment on the pumpkin stamp is so sweet!
I stamped it in black, then punched it with the 1-1/4" circle punch. Then I stamped it a second time in the Only Orange and glittered it. It was punched out with the 1" circle punch and adhered with a dimensional. I really wish you could see it in person and taste that candy inside!

Okay, now I'm on a Batty-for-You-roll. This little treat is cute as pie! I cased it right out of the Mini Catalog! We made a version of these at Stephanie's workshop last week. It just doesn't get any easier. The main part of the bag is cut out using the Bags with Scallops Bigz Die and the Big Shot. You can make like a thousand of these in no time. Okay, maybe not a thousand but at least twenty-two of them! I'm making these for my five-year-old's kindergarten class. I found the notepad, pencil and eraser packaged together at CVS for 50 cents! Can you imagine? These would make some awfully cute shower favors, Christmas treats, etc by just switching out the papers and ribbon.

The scalloped circle peaking out from under the bag was cut from the Night and Day Designer Series Paper and adds just the right touch. And the ribbon holds it all together.

Okay, that's enough for one night, don't you think? I've got a couple more to show you tomorrow so come back and see me. It's gets a little lonely around here sometimes!



Batty For You
116576 $23.95

Create crazy tags or accents for cards or scrapbook pages with the adorable images from the Batty for You set. This set also coordinates with the Batty wheel and our Ghostly Greetings Designer Series paper for a monstrously fun combination.
**********************************************************

**********************************************************

3 comments:

Lisa Lin said...

Carla, Can you explain how you fold the cello bag and adhere the treat topper? I've tried a couple of times...using a stapler, sticky strip, etc. and it just looks messy. thanks!

Lisa Lin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carla Brasher said...

Ah, Lisa - My secret....I fold the cello bag over once, then fold the top note piece over that and STAPLE twice! The ribbon hides the staples and No MESS!