Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Scrap Birthdays! (But send presents)

Well, ya'll, you might have noticed I haven't posted in a little while. But I HAVE been busy making and making and planning and planning! I'm sharing a couple of birthday scrapbook pages with you today and hope you enjoy!


I'll be turning the BIG 40 tomorrow on my own birthday and want you to know that I would really rather scrap it. (Gosh, I crack myself up!) Really, though, I'm not interested in moving to the next "age" and sure don't feel like someone in their forties. Boo HOO! Ha ha



All of the pages you see here have been created using the absolutely beautiful Simply Scrappin Kit, "Happy B-Day." I LOVE the fun combination of colors and the papers are to die for. I like to take a Simply Scrappin kit and step it up some more by adding other embellishments like buttons, ribbons, brads and GLITTER!


I've also taken some of the stickers from the kit and punched them out to make picture corners.


Punches are perfect for creating extra embellishents and layering them with stamped images for even more fun. The WOW Flowers stamp set was perfect for this Scrappin Kit. I stamped some of the images onto the solid card stock to add even more dimension and interest to the pages.

The Big Shot die cut machine is the ultimate scrapbook accessory. I've cut letters for a bold title from the card stock included in the kit then stepped them up by adding ribbon a fun clip and some faux stitching.























Because Stampin Up's products are designed to coordinate with each other, the papers and accessories appear to be perfect for each other. I used Stampin Write markers in the coordinating colors to ink up a sentiment image from the "On Your Birthday" stamp set to add a title at the bottom of a page. The ribbon adds the perfect touch, don't you think?

And NOW, on to the PRESENTS!
I am offering you a Birthday present for my birthday since I'm trying to give it away!

From now until the end of September, receive a FREE Scrapbook kit with any online order placed of $50 or more.
Simply place your order online and then email me at cjbrasher@aol.com to let me know you have earned the free kit. The scrapbook kits are retired products that include 3 sheets of 12x12 card stock, 2 sheets of 12x12 coordinating double-sided designer paper, 2 sheets of adhesive die-cuts, and embellishments to match!

AND NOW FOR THE Goody Bag!

You can win a free scrapbook kit just by leaving a comment here. All you have to do is leave me a birthday comment for my FORTIETH stinky birthday. I'll pick a winner at random on Saturday!

**********************************************************

**********************************************************


Happy Bday Simply Scrappin'


Price: $19.95

Does the thought of scrapbooking scare you? If you want a quick, foolproof method for saving your special photos, Simply Scrappin’ is for you! Each set includes paper and self adhesive die-cuts. The images are all exclusive Stampin’ Up! designs that coordinate with our rubber stamp sets. And each package includes several great layout ideas.

■ Coordinates with Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Crushed Curry, and Ruby Red

■ 80-lb. cover weight

■ Easy-to-use images are great alone or coordinated with coordinating stamp sets

■ Kit contains 8 sheets of 12" x 12" textured card stock; 6 sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper, and 6 sheets of 6" x 12" self-adhesive die-cuts (2 each of 3 designs)

■ Can be trimmed to create 6" x 6" or 8-1/2" x 11" pages



Wow Flowers Stamp Set
Price: $12.95

Everyone loves flowers, so send your special wishes with these Wow Flowers. The simple images and greetings will convey the right message to your recipient.
Set Quantity: 4




12 comments:

Teresa Hafso said...

You don't look a day over 29! What are you worried about? lol! I seriously need to get the alphabet big shot die. I will certainly use your template for my daughter's latest birthday (?!) bash. Happy, happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Why, you're just a kid. Try being 61 and feeling 40. Your mind plays game with you. Anyway, Happy Birthday

Sherry Conrad
frogy541948@yahoo.com

Patricia Drybala said...

Welcome to the 40's! These have been some of the best years of my life ... I didn't marry my dear husband until I was 40. So you see, your 40's can be a good thing. Happy Birthday, Carla! ... Patricia

Patti Pennock said...

Happy Birthday dear sweet 40 year old. I just turned 50 in May, and I still feel young, except when my children make me feel old. Have a great birthday. Remember, you are as young as you feel.
Patti Pennock
patti@stic.net

jolie n said...

You know...40 is the new 30...so don't feel so bad! Happy Birthday! Thanks for the chance to win presents on your Birthday...too fun!
Hugs!
Jolie

Anonymous said...

Carla -

Happy Birthday (again)!

40 did not bother me as much as 35 - realizing I was "middle-aged' was a HUGE deal for me. But turning 40 is always better than the alternative!

Lisa Nason

Cindee said...

40 is nothing, I turned 50 in January. Its no big deal. Can't do anything to change it, so go with it. Yes I have a few more aches and pains, but now I also have 3 grandkids. Seems my life was missing something until Jocelyn, Gianna & Anthony were born. So with age comes good, no GREAT things.
Hope you had a great birthday! Cindee

mnmspecial said...

Hope you had a great Birthday. I have to agree I would never have guessed your age just by looking at your picture because you look gorgeous! Hope I look that good when I get there.

Tia Hurt said...

Hey Carla, 40 is no 'stinky'! Haven't you seen the current buzz about Cougars? They're all over 40! LOL! Seriously, you're a beautiful lady and you have nothing to worry about - enjoy every minute!

Gail S. said...

Happy Birthday! Don't feel bad about turning 40 - it is a good decade :) I am 48 and feel great. BTW, you don't look 40.

Karen P. said...

Happy 40th Birthday Carla!!! I hope you have a wonderful year filled with lots of laughter, love, happiness, and good health!!!

Karen :0)
Owudoin1@comcast.net

Karen P said...

Happy 40th Birthday Carla!!! Hope you have a lot of laughter, love, happiness, and good health in your 40's!!! Have a great time!!!

Karen :0)
Owudoin1@comcast.net