Thursday, September 24, 2009

Punch Pals Christmas with Gretchen's Weekend Sketch Challenge



My darling precious little baby boy (who is away at college-smile) sent me a text this morning that said, "Now you're 40 plus a day." HMMMMMM......true, true. So I'm kinda over the birthday blues and just trying to figure how to STAY forty. Thanks for the birthday greetings. Tomorrow, I will announce the winner of the FREE Scrapbook Kit. If you haven't yet, scroll down to the next post and leave me a so sorry you're forty message and you'll have a chance to win!



Today's post is to forget the birthday and start thinking Christmas! It's just around the corner (now that time is SCREAMING by) so don't delay! I used a sketch provided by Gretchen Barron on her blog (Click here to see her gorgeous examples using the sketch!) I love to use sketch challenges for a starting point since I'm a little creatively challenged. Here's the sketch! Make something cool and have fun with it!





Stamps: Punch Pals

Ink: Basic Brown, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Going Gray & Old Olive Classic Inks

Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla Card Stock, Merry Moments DSP

Embellishments: Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon

Cool Tools: Eyelet Border Punch

6 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Hi Carla
my name is Carole'Anne, and I just stopped by your blog for the first time today. I really like your take on the weekend sketch.
I really like how you used that new snow man stamp. I loved that stamp as soon as I seen him as one of the hostess sets. Great job.
thanks for sharing

MaryJo Marshall said...

well.....nothing wrong with being 40!!! I am 53 so you are not that old!!!! It is just a number afterall and the upside is that you are still here!!!! Love your blog too. Have a great weekend!!

Mary Binder said...

Hi Carla, Sorry you're having forty blues. Hey I'm way past that and life is sweeter every day. Enjoyed your cards I clicked on your link from Gretchen. Thanks for sharing, Mary Binder at mayberrycoins.typepad.com

Lani said...

So sorry you're 40. Wait 'til you're 61 like me and you can reinvent yourself into anything you want! Actually, you can do that now and again at 50 and 60 or 61. Nice site, just happened by

Sheri said...

So sorry you're 40!! Whatever, shake it off and be happy you are on this side of 40, it's better than the alternative! I think life is much better since I am older ...53... you learn to enjoy things a bit more. Still Happy Birthday.

gbarron56 said...

Hi Carla -- you did an absolutely beautiful job on last week's Sketch Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along and sharing your fabulous work! You inspired me! Blessings, gretchen