Monday, August 31, 2009

Mojo Monday #102

I LOVE sketch challenges but am so OCD that if I don't have time to do them on the right day then I won't do them at all! Today, though, I actually did the Mojo Monday Challenge on Monday twice so here they are! If that's not enough, I used the same designer paper on both cards too for more fun. Hope you like them and try the sketch out yourself.

The top card has a really cool distressed look and this is done by distressing and inking the edges with Basic gray ink. I also crumpled the designer paper up and sanded it so the white would show and then inked them with a stamping sponge and basic gray ink.



Here's the sketch for you to try!




Top Card:

Stamps: Sense of Time
Ink: Jet Black Staz On
Papers: Nouveau Chic DSP, Basic Gray, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla Card Stock
Embellishments: 5/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black brad, Vintage brad
Cool Tools: Photo Corners punch, Designer Label Punch, Sanding Blocks, Stamping Sponges

Second Card:

Stamps: Asian Artistry (Hostess Level 2)
Ink: Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray Classic Inks
Paper: Nouveau Chic DSP, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla Card Stock
Embellishments: (Non Stampin Up Bling), Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

5 comments:

Patti said...

You rocked the sketch with both cards! I especially am drawn to the first one!

Dina said...

WOW the first card totally rocks!! I just LOVE the large clock and your color combo it looks so great!

Stampin'GHmom said...

WOW is right! Totally awesome card. It's one of the best cards I've seen using that set.

Carole'Anne said...

Really good job with the clock idea!
love it!
Thank you for sharing!
from
Carole'Anne

thescrapmaster said...

Beautiful. I love that clock! Great job!
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator -Come play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com