Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sudsol Design Challenge #52


Yesterday was SO exciting! I hope you had a chance to see the Deal of the Week, the new Idea Book & Catalog, the Definitely Decorative Catalog, the new In-Colors and more! If you missed any of these, the links are to the left of this post and easy to find. Have fun.

Today's post is a card using one of the new In-Colors: Bermuda Bay. I followed a sketch that was provided by a Demonstrator Only group so I had a little inspiration. My daughter chews gum like a spaz! Her favorite is Five Gum and I think one of the reasons she likes it is because she and her friends play with the wrappers.

She showed me last night how you can separate the foil from the paper part of the wrapper and it is slightly adhesive. She and her friends have covered entire notebooks with it. (Notice how cute Emily is too since you're here visiting! She's sixteen and really fun. Gotta have a little Mommy-brag time.)

Anyway, inspired a little more, I ran the gum wrapper through my Big Shot using the Little Leaves Sizzlet Die. I used a nearly worn out cutting pad set and got the added bonus of the texture you can see on the leaves. All of the previous "cuts" on my cutting pad textured the foil wrapper. I think it's really cool. I just wish I could get whole sheets of this stuff!

Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes 111618 $23.95
Papers: Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Bermuda Bay Card Stock
Embellishments: Bermuda Bay 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon 115610 $$9.95
Cool Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (DEAL OF THE WEEK!) 112091 $10.99 this week only! Big Shot Die-Cut Machine 115439 $99.95, Little Leaves Sizzlet Die 114511 $5.50, Scallop Oval Punch 114889 $15.95, Large Oval Punch 107305 $15.95

**********************************************************
Get your FREE 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog by sending me an email at cjbrasher@aol.com. ($6.00 shipping costs, free pick-up or free with online order)
**********************************************************
To Order Stampin' Up products online 24/7, click HERE


1 comment:

Cindee said...

Great card! Love the leaves. Who would of thought to use a gum wrapper. You should recruit your daughter as soon as she's old enough.