Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Didn't make the cut!

Okay, I'm not dead. I admit I've been asleep--alright, maybe in a deep coma but I'm BACK! It's been a crazy few days and now I'm getting back to having some time to play and share some with you. Today's post is a card I made while playing the other night trying to come up with an acceptable submission to swap with thirty other girls! This one was not it...I'll post the one I did make and send soon. I stamped some of the images using the bleach technique which was really fun on this particular card stock. I was trying to get a more batik look but as you can see I only got the look I was going for once or twice which by the way is the "incorrect" way to do the bleach stamping! LOL!

To get the "runnier" look, the bleach needs to be puddled up on the stamp. This is what you usually DON'T want when you are stamping with bleach. I could type and type away about how to stamp with bleach but Patty Bennett has already done a great tutorial on her blog HERE so check it out! Please do share your creations!

Stamps: Seeing Spots, Petal PizzazInk: Rose Red Classic Ink
Papers: Rose Red, So Saffron, Whisper White CS, Sweet Always DSP
Cool Tools: Bleach, Uniball Gel Pen, Big Shot & Top Note Die

2 comments:

SnappyStamper said...

Well, I don't care what you say, I like your bleaching!

I have something on my blog for you... H E R E!Have a great day!

Patty Bennett said...

I actually LOVE this one... I LOVE the randomness of the bleached image and I love everything about this card... you could have sent this for our swap in a heartbeat :) Can't wait to see what you are sending! Patty