Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do Not Adjust Your Screen!!!

My post tonight is to show you a couple of cards I made. It's too funny to me because I ended up making a FEW black and white cards when my INTENTION was to try to make something using some REALLY bright colors. The card that drove me to black and white is at the bottom of this post where all reject cards belong!

This card was inspired by a decorative paper I saw at a scrapbook store that was white with black print all over it. I stamped the sentiment over and over on whisper white card stock then used it just like I would our own DSP. You could use any color ink, any sentiment or any color card stock to create the same thing.

Stamps: Soft Summer (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray Cardstock
Accessories: Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Hidden Garden Rubons, Micro Beads
Cool Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch




Here's my second Black & White card. The stamp set used here is from the Occasions Mini Catalog which was just released April 1. It is a two-step stamping set that I think is really fun to use. To get the "shadow image," there are actually TWO stamps. One stamp is the outline of the image (stamped here in black) and the other stamp is the solid version of the same image (shown here offset and in basic gray). In color, it gives a really pretty watercolored "look."

Stamps: Soft Summer
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Basic Gray Classic Ink
Paper: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Clear Rhinestone Brads



And this is the DUD - don't try this at home. I've NOW learned the correct way to insert the cool Designer Hardware shown here. Notice that mine looks all dented up like it's been in a car wreck??? Well, that's because I had my Crop-A-Dile set wrong. Yes, that's right. I've been wrestling that Crop-A-Dent, Crop-A-Dud, etc. for days and days.

So I'm posting this DUD of a card so you don't make the same mistakes!!

*First, I think the color combination would work alot better if the turqoise were the accent color. (Minor problem.)
*Second (and this one is NOT minor), ROSE RED felt flowers and ROSE RED grosgrain ribbon are NOT, I repeat, NOT the same as Pixie Pink (which was the original concept, obviously!)
*Third - there is a RIGHT way to set the Crop-A-Dile. This was an Ah-Ha moment for me. I hope you get a laugh and that you're NOT identifying with me! The correct way to set the dials is that the Letter and Number that you want it set on are FACING each other. All these months, I've been turning the dials so that the letter and number are facing ME.

Since this made no sense to me either, I'm posting a pretty helpful (and insightful) video on the Crop-A-Dile for you to learn from below. In honor of my sister, who lives across the pond in Manchester, England, this is a British video and the speaker has a really cool accent. While practicing with your crop-a-dile, be sure to talk like that -- it's alot more fun!

Buy a Crop-A-Dile NOW along with some designer hardware and/or eyelets and get any item from the under $10 page in the back of the catalog FREE!! All you have to do is be sure your order adds up to $40 or more. Shop Online 24/7 ~HERE~



1 comment:

Britt said...

I actually really like your "dud" card!

The black and white ones are gorgeous-- very elegant!