Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All grown up...

This is a card (one of several) that I made while practicing and working on some graduation cards. Edward ("Eddie" to his set), my oldest, is graduating from high school this Spring and pretty much all grown up. He and his pretty little girlfriend are going to the Prom this Saturday night. They are going with a whole slew of their friends on a "Party Bus" and planning a really wonderful time with pre-parties, after prom, and of course breakfast.

The thing is....I'm not OLD enough to have a grown son and definitely not ready for him to leave home. He's planning to attend the Citadel in the fall (yeah, I'm proud but would rather it wait for another decade!) This is his Senior portrait (a snapshot of the real thing). He IS pretty, don't you think??? Thanks for indulging me a little mommy brag time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carla,
WOW! what a hunk! You need to brag on him. Love your blog,
Carol

Tami said...

Carla,
You're absolutely right -- you're not old enough looking at your picture to have a grown up son who is so gorgeous! He's a great looking guy and you are right to be proud. I love the card and will be interested in what you finally come up with. My one and only graduates next year and I'm not ready for that either!

Gail S. said...

I love all of the things you come up with and am sure you will find that "perfect" graduation card! You have a handsome son and should be proud. My last "baby" graduates next year and it will be a sad time for me.

Kate said...

What a handsome guy!! You must be so proud of him!! My babies all HAVE babies now!!
Kate