Monday, March 30, 2009

Rockin' Notes!


No, I'm not dead! I'm posting the cute little girl skull from the Just Jawing stamp set because some of you think I must be! I've just been a little busy being Mom and working so I'll try to do better. Today's post is showing you the composition books I've altered. These are the notebook size books that you get your gets every year at school supply time.
I glued some DSP onto the book and sanded the edges (pretty much the same way I did the chipboard book) and then decorated them up! The picture below shows the up-close of the book but my camera takes such lousy pictures that it still doesn't show the detail. The shiny circles are build a brads (without the brad) stuck to the red skull paper. The eyes have been colored in red and glittered and the hair bos has a clear rhinestone brad with glitter and has been lacquered. I would LOVE to know what you think!!!
Stamps: Just Jawing
Paper: Rockabilly DSP, Black CS, Riding Hood Red CS
Ink: Black Craft Ink, Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories: Dress Up Ribbon Originals, Build a Brads, Clear Rhinestone Brads
Cool Tools: Big Shot and Go Go Boots Letters, Crystal Effects, Black Embossing Powder (for "You Rock" sentiment)

The next picture below is another altered notebook with a totally different look. I used some of the rub-ons and the five-petal punch to make flowers! Enjoy!!




2 comments:

Pat Baker said...

Hi Carla!
These are so cute and I'm really interested in doing some of these notebooks. Which one are you using?
Thanks!
Pat Baker
Silver Rabbit Studio

Carla said...

These are made using the composition notebooks that are about 7"x10." Have fun!