Thursday, February 26, 2009

Take Note...

Been making little notebooks and, ya'll, I've been having so much fun! These are mini composition books that I got at CVS. The lady that works there just loves my son so I sent him in there to wipe them out of their inventory (again!) I''m making these for the upcoming Shamrocks on the Square event in Spartanburg and needed about a dozen more but the store only carries about two or three at a time. So everybody wait till after March 14 before you rush out to make your own!!!

These are pretty simple to make. I first covered the little notebook with DSP using snail adhesive. I cut my paper at 7-1/4" x 4-5/8". This leaves a little overhang that I trim off using my craft and rubber scissors since it's so sticky. I sanded the edges and decorated using a top note die cut, ribbon and embellishments. Now, I'm fixing to get the glue and tape out of my fingernails!! Thanks for stopping by!

Paper: Sweet Always DSP, Sale a Bration DSP, Pumpkin Pie CS, So Saffron CS
Embellishments: Button Latte Designer Buttons, Pretties kit, Flower Fusion Too, Sale a Bration Ribbon Bundle, Chocolate Chip & Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Natural Hemp Twine
Cool Tools: Big Shot with Top Note Die, Birds & Blooms Die, Word Window Punch

5 comments:

Emily Tuttle Steggell said...

These are SOOOO cute! I saw your link on Sudsol and am so glad I checked it out! I needed other ideas for the top note die too- thanks for the inspiration! Love it! -Emily

Deanna said...

These are so adorable. What price will you put on them? They look like something perfect to sell at my Quarter auction next week. And I don't think I live near you so I can raid the local CVS.

Ann said...

Darling notebooks!

laurie said...

I really like how you used the top note die...never thought of that. The notebooks should sell well..they are really cute.

Aimee said...

These are adorable...another way to use my Top Note...thanks!