Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, Big Shot!

Because you can NEVER have enough to take to school, ballet class, gymnastics class, the neighbor kids and all of your older brother and sister's friends, Maci Ellen and I MADE MORE!

I finally "broke down" and ordered a Big Shot die cut machine. Now I have no idea why I held out so long. I kinda felt like you would be limited with the things you could create since the dies only cut that shape OVER AND OVER. Now that I have one at my workshop, though, I AM SO THRILLED! The treat bag in the picture was made by cutting two pieces of the Pacific Point Card stock (at the same time, don't you love it?) with the Top Note die. We attached the two pieces to a small size lunch sack, punched a hole with the Word Window punch and decorated it.

Maci Ellen wanted to participate in the making of the treat bags - eighteen in all - so I just used some stickers from Target. They are so cute and have shaker windows. Maci Ellen thought the pieces inside were Nerds! Anyway, she punched the hearts herself out of Candy Lane DSP and stuck them on. We filled the little bags with play dough samples, heart erasers and NERDS then tied off the top with ribbon. We just love them and hope her little friends do too.

No comments: